Have you ever had a past love return to your thoughts?
ON FRIDAY, JULY 1st I’ll be releasing a new scenic music video about how a former love can symbolically take “Stowaway” in the mind. It’s my most involved and favorite video to date!
See Trailer Here:
The Story Line:
Anyone who has experienced a parting of ways with someone they once loved, understands that walking away doesn’t necessarily mean their past love has disappeared from thought. This strongly symbolic song tells the tale of a “stowaway” who’s hidden as a passenger in this woman’s mind, and as much as she’s trying to sail away to be free of him, he won’t leave.
What Happened that Day:
Although it was a TON of work (and half of the crew almost got serious heat stroke– thanks again guys for all your help), I had so much fun making this video. Usually I play myself in music videos, but I got to challenge myself to act and play a part in this one. I actually get really feisty at the end…which if you know me, is not me. It was kind of fun though, haha!
Here’s some funny tidbits
- Because I was in full dress and makeup, I couldn’t jump in the lake to cool off like the others, and I seriously was in stages of real heat stroke…so when I got a second Dal took me to Target and we drove around the frozen foods sections in electric carts
- Some wild horses showed up right in the middle of our shoot and it was like they knew how perfect they fit there- it’s one of my favorite parts of the video
- The whole set came from my mom’s house and was hauled up hills and around a lake- unfortunately, we were asked by a ranger to move it and it was a real bummer…but we worked through it
- Dallin made the raft and gutted an old broken piano and he and Tarod (the Stowaway) swam the heavy raft around the lake…talk about manly!
- My mom was also a hero that day and she even encountered a rattle snake
- My dad manned the ski boat holding the videographer and created waves with his strategic driving
- My siblings were awesome help and my adorable niece, Quinci, played my inner child/conscience in the video
- My sister-in-law was one of the dancers and my friend, Kennedi did the choreography and assembled some talented friends to join
- We really had the best crew ever…and even got help from a sweet homeless man
This video is also LONG AWAITED. The trailer may be familiar to you, (cause I actually filmed this in 2015), but it’s so summery, that I REALLY just wanted to release it in summer. So I was super patient, plus so much went into this video…that by now, I’m just so excited to show you all!
Make sure to tune in on July 1st, when this artistic video, shot on a desert oasis lake, is released- and find out what happens with the stowaway! Also, please share it when you see it. There’s something for everyone…either they will relate to the story, dig the ethnic feel of the music, enjoy the scenery, the wild horses, the dancing, the artistry… yeah, there’s a lot going on! Can’t wait for July 1st 🙂